Theodore Koutmeridis is a lecturer in economics at the University of St Andrews. He works empirically and theoretically on labour economics, focusing mainly on wage inequality and market failures, such as informational and financial frictions. He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Warwick, where he has also been a Junior Fellow of the “Royal Economic Society”.
– Elected Member of Royal Society of Edinburgh’s Young Academy of Scotland
– 2014 Cairncross Prize: Best Paper Award by the Scottish Economic Society.
– Royal Economic Society, Junior Fellowship (2012-2013).
– Awards: 1st Prize, Best Paper Award by the ESD; Award for Teaching Excellence.
– PhD Student on Stage with Nobel Economists: Warwick news; AO magazine.
– Events/Talks: : NBER (Boston); EEA (Toulouse); SITE (Stockholm); Warwick SS.